Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Babymoon in Phuket


Friends keep telling us that when our baby is born, we will be grounded for a good one year at least. That means no flying for us, since the baby is too small to travel, and we will not bear to leave the little one behind.

Bearing that in mind, Hubby and I planned for a Babymoon. Apparently, this is the newest buzzword in town: A pre-baby vacation – the last “yeah” trip for parents to be before diaper-changing and sleep deprivation become the norm in our life.

Hubby and I chose Phuket as our romantic escape. It’s only a two hour flight away from Singapore, and both of us have never been there before.

For such a short trip, we sure packed a lot of unique experiences in it. 

As it happened to be the World Cup season, we woke up in the middle of the night (2:30 am to be exact) to go to a pub to experience the electrifying atmosphere of the Semi-Final World Cup match between Germany and Spain.




At 2:30 am in the morning, the pub at Bangla street was in its prime. Sexily clad Thai girls mingled with foreigners in the pub with two big TV screens. The crowd was evenly split between Germany and Spain supporters, so there were loud cheers, gasps and groans each time the teams came close to their respective goal posts.

Hubby and I picked a team each to support – I picked Spain and he picked Germany. The one who loses will have to give the other a good full-body massage. And I won the bet!

A little welcome message for Baby

For another day, we signed up for a day trip to Phi Phi island. Before we went to Phuket, we feared that the Weatherman would not favour on us, as we heard that July was a wet month. Fortunately, the weather was perfect. A tad too hot, actually, but who were we to complain as long as it was a great weather for the sun, the sea and the beach?

One part of the day trip involved snorkeling. I was a little apprehensive, as I was not a strong swimmer and some tour operators actually discouraged pregnant ladies from going snorkeling. But my tour operator assured me it was alright.

Boy, was I glad that I went ahead! The ocean was a clear green colour and teeming with marine life. I felt very daring and alive, as I swam around and watched the little fishes go past me with all their colours and splendor.

All in all, it was a great and memorable trip. I would definitely recommend a Babymoon for parents to be. It is a great time for couples to reconnect and rejuvenate before our turning point in life comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment