Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beautiful Words

Following on my earlier theme on learning to relax, the following is a passage written by an 85-year-old man who learned that he was dying. He says:

If I had my live to live over again,
I'd try to make more mistakes next time.
I wouldn't try to be so perfect.
I would relax more.
I'd limber up.
I'd be sillier than I've been on this trip.
I'd be crazier.
I'd be less hygenic.
I'd take more chance,
I'd do more trips,
I'd swim more rivers,
I'd watch more sunsets,
I'd go more places I've never been to.
I'd eat ice cream and fewer beans.

I'd have more actual troubles
and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I was one of those who lived prophylactically
and sensibly and sanely hour after hour and day after day.
Oh, I've had my moments,
and if I had to do all over again,
I'd have more of those moments.
In fact, I'd have nothing but beautiful moments -
moment by moment by moment.

For all mummies out there, be fearless! Life is a great adventure and we should all learn to relax and enjoy our motherhood! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment