Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mumpreneur

There’s now a new word in town. It’s a sexy word called the “Mumpreneur”.

According to an article in Straits Times, one in 1200 mothers surveyed by a British company aspired to have her own business.

I can definitely understand why! The idea of being fully in control of your time, and having both a successful career while still experiencing the full joys of watching your baby grow up is simply too seductive.

A quick google of the keyword “Mumpreneur” also leaves me green eyed with envy. So many successful mummies out there!

And while I am daydreaming and surfing the web, to my surprise, I hit upon my ex-colleague’s mumpreneur site (Mengmonster Inc).

Meng is a wonderfully talented lady whom I had the pleasure of working with for a few months. We have not really kept in touch with each other, so it’s really pure luck that I hit on her site. And I am truly impressed! She’s now making these ultra cute handmade handicrafts that I really think have a good market potential.

Keep it up, Meng!

And to all those Mumpreneurs out there, I salute you. Maybe one day, I will be able to join your ranks and come up with a good and snazzy business idea too!

No comments:

Post a Comment